Programmed for Precision and Reliability
Norwalt’s cap closing machines deliver unparalleled quality and consistency for high-volume productions. Depending on your needs, we can integrate additional functions into your machinery to help maximize your OEE and long-term savings.
Our cap closing machines combine high-speed automation with mechanical reliability. Beginning where the molding process ends, our machines deliver the following:
- Continuous motion closing
- Patented lid orientation/ closing tool
- Gentle handling
- Automatic reject
- Automatic feeding
- Variable speed drive
- Speeds up to 800 ppm
- Low maintenance and simple size changeovers
- Fixable design to accommodate future size changeovers
- Regenerative air conveyor to reduce energy usage
- Vision system integration to detect flash and short shots and check for color, mold defects, etc.
- Cam-driven motions to eliminate adjustments
- Patented tooling design. Our proprietary design provides better closing consistency for every machine.
- Integrated vision systems. Vision checks ensure your customer will receive flawless product 100 percent of the time. If you currently use an in-mold closing system, we can design an inspection system to check the parts after in-mold closing.
- Additional measures to minimize error. We run the caps through an additional starwheel and conveyor for additional inspection. This helps to reduce problems that might not otherwise be detected before the cap is closed.
- Reduced carbon footprint for clients. Our cap closing machines use electric regenerative blowers, which use tremendously less energy than compressed air.
- Designed for minimal maintenance. We build our machines using thick linear slides which will not require lubrication for up to 10 years.
Custom Solutions Across the Industries
Before you can master the machinery, you need to master the industry. That’s exactly what we’ve done for our diverse group of clients.
We have decades of experience serving medical manufacturers, food and beverage companies and much more. Whether you need to assemble medical devices or personal care products, we know how your industry works and what it takes to stay ahead. From design to prototype and build, our team will work closely with yours to keep you on the cutting edge of your trade.